The Xbox Game Pass for PC offers a full programme in June: In addition to Assassin’s Creed: Origins, there are other highlights. As always, we have the overview for you!
Summertime is gamer time, at least according to the PC Game Pass. Right at the start of June 2022, it’s offering several exciting titles that you can get as part of your subscription at no extra charge. With Assassin’s Creed: Origins, another big Ubisoft name is moving into the library and of course there’s a lot more.
Total War: Three Kingdoms
(Genre: Strategy – Developer: Creative Assembly – Release: 23 May 2019 – In Game Pass from: 21 June 2022)
Although the China setting did not meet with the greatest enthusiasm in this country, the combination of mytholgy and history does a lot right. Especially the numerous new diplomacy and espionage options could convince us in our test from 2019.
Even if Three Kingdoms weakens a little in the battles and lacks innovation, you still get an excellent Total War here and thus automatically also an outstanding strategy game.
Assassin’s Creed Origins
(Genre: Action-Adventure – Developer: Ubisoft Montreal – Release: 27 October 2017 – In Game Pass from: 7 June 2022)
Assassin’s Creed Origins marked a reboot for the series. New role-playing elements, a huge open world with lots of variety and new gameplay freedom make the tenth part very popular among fans. From June, you can also travel through Ancient Egypt with its huge pyramids, scorching desert, green Nile delta and the Mediterranean Sea with the PC Game Pass. Be sure to plan plenty of time for this, because the world invites you to take long exploration tours.
The story about the lovers Bayek and Aya (you control both of them, even if Bayek gets the most playing time) has some really strong, emotional moments. And last but not least, we learn more about the mysterious origins of the Assassin Order! Only the present-day story didn’t really convince us in the test. But there’s all the more to discover in the ancient world!
More new PC games in Game Pass in June 2022
From 1 June
- For Honor: Marching Fire Edition: Includes both the base game and the Marching Fire expansion. You choose from a huge character pool which fighter you control in battle and then duel other players in PvP. Lots of customisation options to make your heroes look fancy.
From 2 June
- Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection: Three individual titles from the Ninja Gaiden series are in here, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, but without online multiplayer. But with lots of fighting techniques that you master.
From 7 June
- Disc Room: Cartoon splatter where, in typical Roguelike fashion, you die over and over again until you conquer the crunchy levels.
- Spacelines from the Far Out: Management, space, 60s and co-op – if these buzzwords tickle your fancy, then check out the game. Appears directly on release in Game Pass.
- Chorus: Fast-paced space shooter with impressively beautiful graphics and a gripping story. Turns out quite short though, about 10 to 15 hours if you take it all in and give yourself some time.
From 16 June
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge: Your childhood heroes return, and they haven’t forgotten a thing. Once again you fight your way through hordes of nasty contemporaries who stand between you, your goal and a fresh pizza.
From 17 June
- Omori: The horror role-playing game was developed with the RPGMaker and lets you slip into the skin of the eponymous protagonist Omori. The protagonist is trapped in a room called WhiteSpace and moves between two worlds, experiencing a very twisted story.
From 21 June
- Shadowrun Trilogy: What’s better than a gripping Shadowrun game? Of course: three titles at once, all set in the dystopian future. The turn-based tactics RPGs can look forward to numerous fans – and maybe one or two more will join them soon!
- Total War – Three Kingdoms: After Total War: Warhammer 3, there will soon be another game in the strategy series in Game Pass. Three Kingdoms is from 2019, combining historical story and myth in a truly great game.
From 23 June
- FIFA 22: While the football players are slowly going on holiday, the latest FIFA part is moving into the Game Pass – in the form of EA Play. Up to now, only a test version was playable via it, but this will now become the full version.
- Naraka Bladepoint: A Battle Royale that, for once, is not about firearms for the time being. Instead, classic melee weapons, as well as bows and crossbows, are available with which you compete against up to 59 other players.
These games will soon disappear from PC Game Pass
No longer available on subscription as of June 15, 2022
- Darkest Dungeon (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Greedfall (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Limbo (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Worms Rumble (Cloud, Console and PC)
A busy coming and going: With so many games coming in and out of Game Pass, it’s almost impossible to keep track. Thank goodness you have us, because we maintain an always up-to-date list of all Game Pass games – clearly sorted by genre!
Is there something suitable for you this time? Are you eagerly waiting to see what will be shown at the showcase? Let us know in the comments!