The first box versions of Cyberpunk 2077 have been seen in retail stores. The following picture seems to come from a warehouse. More pictures have been found at Reddit. In addition, longer video material recorded on a PlayStation 4 Pro is making the rounds on relevant video platforms. It can therefore be assumed that story elements, activities and special features can be “spoiled” on the Internet in the coming days. In addition, this version is likely to lack the Day-One-Update; after all, the role-playing game already reached gold status at the beginning of October 2020.
At least it looks like the release date of Cyberpunk 2077 on December 10, 2020, will not be postponed any further.
Here is the official Cyber Punk 2077 trailer
Everything you need to know about Cyberpunk 2077
At first glance, Cyberpunk 2077 may not have much in common with The Witcher 3, the latest roleplaying game from CD Projekt – but under the hood there is a real roleplaying game, just like in Geralt’s adventure. But it’s based on the Pen&Paper rulebook Cyberpunk 2020.
Here are the most important facts about the game:
- Release date: Cyberpunk 2077 will be released on December 10, 2020.
- Pre-orders: Cyberpunk 2077 can be pre-ordered, but there are no pre-order bonuses. Every player should get exactly the same content – including digital goodies like an art booklet or a comic. But whoever buys at GOG will still get a poster, wallpaper and more about Cyberpunk.
- Main character: As a self-created figure V you can work as a mercenary in a big city and can make friends or enemies with the different factions of Night City – but you are not allowed to join.
- Character Editor: A character editor offers you numerous customization options for V. Gender should not play a role. For example, you can create a male looking character with a female voice – or vice versa and also adjust the genitals independently.
- Story: Through numerous main and side quests you want to tell a complex cyberpunk story. The story is not as extensive as the one in Witcher 3, but it should offer a higher replay value.
- Quests: In Cyberpunk 2077 quests are divided into four categories: Main-, side-, “mini” quests and gigs (formerly Street Stories).
- Gameplay: The gameplay is reminiscent of the Deus Ex series: You complete numerous missions and decide for yourself whether you want to shoot, sneak or hack. The “Techie” no longer exists as an alternative game style. But a large part of its abilities can be found in the technique attribute next to physical strength, intelligence and more.
- Skills: We improve our character with equipment and implants. As in the Pen&Paper role-playing game, many actions are based on character values – it depends on this, for example, whether hacks or skill checks work in dialogues. V has six attributes, which are divided into twelve perk trees.
- Game world: Like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 offers an extensive Open World. Night City should not be as big as the game world of Wild Hunt, but it should offer more content. Besides quests, you will encounter random encounters and little stories in the world.
- Vehicles: V is not only on foot, but like in GTA he also drives around the houses by car. Vehicles can be summoned like roaches in The Witcher 3 at any time.
- Factions: In the world of Cyberpunk 2077 there are different factions fighting for dominance in Night City. Among them are megacorporations like Arasaka or Militech and street gangs like the Voodoo Boys or Animals. They control different districts.
- Characters: In Cyberpunk 2077, V is confronted with many different characters who are not always well-disposed towards him or her. You can get an overview in our special about the most important characters in Cyberpunk 2077.
- Prehistories: For your main character V you may choose three prelude paths (nomad, corpo or street child), which will influence the story later on.
- Politics: Cyberpunk 2077 wants to be political, so it doesn’t shy away from socio-critical comments.
- Sex & Romances: In Cyberpunk 2077 V can enter hetero- or homosexual relationships and romances. The presentation is explicit, but fans should not expect porn.
- First-person perspective: The complete game takes place in the first-person view, CD Projekt wants to improve the identification with the game character. Only when driving a car you are allowed to switch to the third person perspective. But a VR mode is not planned.
- Detective mode: The brain dance explained above replaces the witchcraft and lets you watch and investigate the experiences of other characters as a video.
- Level systems: Besides the character level there is also “Street Cred” as a progress system. Merchants sell you more and new quests are open to you at a high value. Activities also level up when you perform them, which unlocks passive bonuses.
- Equipment: There are different weapons – normal and smart ones, which are self-targeting but give less. In addition, weapons and clothing can be improved and customized via mods.
- Genre: Cyberpunk 2077 is a roleplaying game through and through, not a shooter.
- DLCs: Cyberpunk 2077 will be expanded with additional content after release. These should be “at least equal” to those of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in terms of scope.
- Multiplayer: A multiplayer mode is also planned for Cyberpunk 2077. However, for CD Projekt Red this is only “a small project” and is not planned to be released before 2022.
- Microtransactions: Cyberpunk 2077 does not get microtransactions. But the separate multiplayer does.
- Age rating: The roleplaying game is released in this country from 18 years on.
New update on Cyber Punk 2077 twitter