For Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone a new patch for PC, PS4 and Xbox One was released today, October 8th. It fixes the problems with the broken and much too strong weapons.
What did the patch bring? According to the official patch notes, the new update only made adjustments to weapons and a general bugfix:
– A bug was fixed that allowed players to survive in gas while in the subway traffic system.
– The AS VAL has been fixed so that bullets can no longer penetrate walls.
– The SP-R 208 has been slightly toned down by slightly increasing the time to aim with the gun. In addition, the bug with the magazines has been fixed.
– The time to aim with the SKS has also been slightly increased in connection with the zoom.
Why are these changes so interesting? The two new shooters AS VAL and SP-R 208 came to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Warzone with the launch of Season 6. Both had interesting features so far, but they weren’t planned that way:
– The assault rifle AS VAL can easily shoot through several walls
– The DMR SP-R 208 has no bullet drop – .338 Lapua Mag 5-R magazine makes it possible
But although the weapons were broken and much too strong, there was a big outcry after it was announced that bug fixes are planned. Some players would have liked to keep the weapons as they were.
What else happens in Call of Duty? On Tuesday there was the usual playlist update for Modern Warfare and Warzone. In Warzone this led to the mode “Loot money: Blood Money” mode in the quad playlist.
Also the Panzer Royale, in which a player won even without a fellow player and tank, remains.
Fans of Call of Duty in general can look forward to the beta of Black Ops Cold War this weekend. It started tonight for pre-orderers of the PS4. In this article, we’ve told you when you can join in without pre-ordering or when you can enter on another platform.