At the beginning of December, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will come to an end with update 1.6.2 “The Final Chapter”. We reveal what the DLC delivers – and what it doesn’t.
In December 2022, loyal fans and players of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla can look forward to one last DLC: The free update The Final Chapter has been given a release date and finally concludes the story of heroine Eivor.
We reveal what the DLC The Final Chapter and also the title update 1.6.2 for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla have to offer – and what not. Meanwhile, if you want to look further into the future of Ubisoft’s Assassin series, we have the perfect overview for you: We’ve collected all the upcoming AC games scheduled for release in the next few years!
Everything you should know about The Last Chapter
Release: When will the DLC be released?
The final DLC and title update 1.6.2 for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be released on December 6, 2022 An exact launch time or preload date is currently unknown.
Cost: How much does the DLC cost?
The final chapter for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be free of charge for all owners of the main game . So you won
t have to shell out any money to experience the conclusion of Eivor
By the way, previous DLCs and addons for Valhalla were not always free. For large expansions such as The Marks of Ragnarok Ubisoft asked for payment, smaller content such as the crossover event with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was available for free.
Content: What does The Final Chapter offer?
From the (official blogpost) from Ubisoft the following content for The Final Chapter emerges:
- The conclusion of Eivor’s story: The DLC is described by Ubisoft as an epilogue that brings a few of the previous narrative threads to a conclusion. Overall, the final chapter serves as a farewell to Eivor and the Raven Clan.
- Eivor keeps her hood on: A cosmetic change is said to be coming, with Eivor keeping her or his hood on permanently. This does not change the actual cloaking function, players have access to it via the options menu.
- The end of seasonal quests: With the release of the final DLC for Valhalla, seasonal quests will no longer exist. Once you have completed The First Night of Samhain, you will be able to purchase all of the feast rewards from merchants.
Surprises: Finally, Ubisoft is leaving it open as to what exactly players can expect when they say goodbye to Eivor. There are currently no further details on this.
You must have done this before the last DLC
To get access to the content of The Final Chapter, you’ll need to complete a number of things in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Ubisoft has already listed the specific requirements for the DLC, which will be released on 6 December:
- Complete the main storyline
- Completes the mythical story arcs in Asgard and Jötunheim
- Reach level 5 with your settlement
- Establish the Jomswiking Warrior Camp in your settlement
- Kill all targets of the Order of Elders and reveal their leader
Why there is no New Game+
Fans will have to brace themselves for a small disappointment, however: Unlike Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey Valhalla will be without a New Game+ Ubisoft clearly communicates in the blogpost for The Final Chapter that there will not be this mode for Valhalla
According to Ubisoft, New Game+ for Valhalla has been considered and the possibilities for it have been explored. However, this would not be compatible with the structure and depth of the current Assassin’s Creed, which is why the developers have decided against it.
By the way: You can watch the official trailer for The Final Chapter for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla here:
How Assassin’s Creed Continues
We already know how Assassin’s Creed will continue in the future. With Mirage, the next part of the series has already been officially announced, which is to be released in 2023. The action of it takes place in 9th century Baghdad and puts the assassin Basim in the centre. With Mirage, Ubisoft wants to return to the roots of Assassin’s Creed.
What are your hopes and expectations for the conclusion of Eivor’s story in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla? What previously announced post-Valhalla game are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments!