Fortnite is known for turning all sorts of familiar faces us skins. Now the legendary monster hunter from The Witcher is here!
If we”re honest, it was only a matter of time before Geralt was sucked into the colourful Battle Royale world of Fortnite too, right? With the launch of Chapter 4 on December 4, 2022, not only has an entirely new game world now been revealed (after the old map was spectacularly blown to smithereens in the finale of Chapter 3: Shattered), but of course many skins.
Fortnite has traditionally collaborated with numerous brands – there”s comic book hero Deadpool, DJ Marshmello, anime ninja Naruto, the Demogorgon from Stranger Things and what feels like 10,000 other pop culture characters. In the new trailer for Chapter 4, three skins in particular stand out to game fans:
- Geralt of Riva from The Witcher
- Hulk from the Marvel comics
- Doomslayer from the Doom games
Can you spot them all in the trailer? Here is the video:
How to unlock Geralt?
For the cultured role-playing game fan, the Witcher outfit is of course the crux of the matter. But how do you get the costume? To play the infamous White Wolf, as Geralt is often called, you”ll need Fortnite Chapter 4”s latest Battle Pass, which, as usual, comes with a price tag of 950 V-Bucks
However, simply climbing the Battle Pass levels is not enough to unlock Geralt! The Witcher protagonist is hidden behind a challenge that has been available with since Feb. 7, 2023
In plain English, this means: From now on, you can accept and complete the corresponding Witcher quest if you have the Battle Pass!
These are the challenges you need to complete for Geralt in Fortnite:
- Load Screen “Geralt of Riva”: Activate reality enhancements in five different matches.
- Back Accessory “The Witcher”s Weapon”: Defeat any Boss
- Spray Motif “Muscle Memory”: Complete three bounty hunts
- Emote “Igni Sign”: Perform emote in the throne room of The Citadel
- Harvest Tool “Witcher Steel Sword”: Deal 500 damage to enemies with a melee weapon (hammer or pickaxe).
- Outfit “Geralt of Riva”: Complete all of the above tasks
From 28 February onwards, a second set of Witcher Challenges will be unlocked: Among other things, these assignments bring an alternative Geralt outfit. With a little patience, you can expect the full Witcher feeling in Fortnite, including the iconic double swords on Geralt”s back.