The hotly anticipated The Settlers is entering a closed beta. We have all the info on registration, the content and the start date for you.
The time has finally come: The Settlers returns after years of uncertainty! Unfortunately, the reboot of one of the most popular building games leaves us perplexed and disappointed after our beta test. But if you want to see for yourself, you can try your luck by registering for the closed beta. We have all the important information for you.
Time: When does the beta of The Settlers start?
The closed PC beta of The Settlers starts on 20 January 2022 at 2pm and runs until 24 January 2022 at 10am The release will then take place on 17 May 2022.
Application: How can you participate in the Closed Beta?
To sign up for the beta yourself, you need to follow these steps:
* Go to the (Settlers Beta)
- Select your favourite platform, i.e. Uplay or Epic
- Log in with your Ubisoft account
- Submit your registration
You will not have a secure account, you will only get the chance to get a key for the closed beta
You will get a key for the closed beta.
Contents: What can you play in the Closed Beta?
Not all content of the final version is playable for you in the beta phase. The campaign, for example, is not yet unlocked. In addition, the beta will only be available in English. The following content is available in the beta for The Settlers:
- Three tutorial modes: Basics, Combat and Production
- Skirmish: Here you can compete against the AI or other players in multiplayer
- Two Maps: One map for 1 vs. 1 and another for 2 vs. 2
- Two Factions: At the beginning the Elari and Maru are selectable as factions
Two more in-depth tutorials will follow at release and there will be a total of three factions and six multiplayer maps.
System requirements: This is what your PC must be able to do
Ubisoft has already published recommended system requirements that should be met for an unadulterated gaming experience of the beta:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB / AMD Radeon RX 470 4 GB
- RAM: 8 GB (Dual Channel)
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit only)
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- Internet Bandwidth: DSL 16000
- Supported resolutions: 1080p, 60 FPS
- Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, Mouse
- Size of download: about 20 GB
By the way, there is no NDA so if you participate in the beta, you are allowed to take and publish screenshots and videos. You can find all further information about The Settlers in our big overview article.
Will you start the beta despite the more than subdued reactions? Or has the new The Settlers already lost your favour? Feel free to write us your opinion in the comments!